- Remote access control
- Automatic identification and access
- Increased security level
Design, development and implementation of an IoT system to control access to the offices, classrooms and departments of the University of Verona.
We have developed an identification and access control system to increase the level of security at the University of Verona. The system is centrally controlled and is present both indoors for access to classrooms and reserved parts of the building, and outside for entrance and parking.
It is possible to grant temporary entry passes, limiting access to certain areas or to certain specific subjects (such as external visitors, suppliers, partners, technical staff, scholarship holders).
The system has been installed in more than 150 gates on a territory of 20km2 and is easily extensible and configurable in order to manage an even larger area in the future.
The UNIVAC system, through the interface with the authoritative DBMS of the University called “GIA”, allows both the creation of “structured” user profiles and the creation of “guest” user profiles (local) and their management by “groups” according to official (e.g. students, teachers, structure, etc.) or customized. The choice of the type of RFID badges and the data contained in them (Tax Code) is due to the necessary requirement of compatibility with those distributed to students during enrolment, which can then be “enabled” to the UNIVAC system through a simple one-off “activation” at the structure. The access rules can be customized by means of predefined schemes of “Time” and “Location” on the basis of the particular needs of the control bodies of the Structures concerned.
- Distributed access control system with smartcard
- Easy extension, configuration and installation
- Security management of more than 100 gates
- Indoor and outdoor
- Smartcard with RFID TAG type Mifare 1k (13.56kHZ);
- RFID badge readers for each control gate
- Application Software
- Control units for the management of readers through serial and/or Ethernet connection
- Access Control Policy Management Server by interfacing user data between the Control Centres and the University’s “GIA” DBMS
- Create an integrated access control system, easily integrated and managed centrally
- Modifiable access rules for certain categories of subjects
- Hardware and Software Development
- Development and implementation of an integrated embedded system
- Supply of all hardware components